You don’t need to fear bikini waxing at all. You can do it easily at home, using cold wax strips and a few minutes of your time.
Visible body hair forces you to curtail your dressing choices. As long as hair is visible on your limbs and underarms, you cannot wear shorts, skirts and even sleeveless tops.
However, another problem presents itself when you wish to wear a swimsuit or hot pants – visible bikini line hair. You must wax the hair off, but you may be too busy or squeamish to schedule a salon appointment. Don’t worry, you can easily do bikini waxing at home by yourself. Just make sure to use the right tools and have complete privacy when you do – it will take some getting used to at first.
What you will need
- A box of wax strips
- A numbing cream (if necessary)
- A mirror with a stand
- A towel to lay on the floor
- Post-wax wipes
How to do bikini waxing at home
Waxing requires some amount of prep before you begin. Follow these steps to get a smooth bikini line:
- 24 hours prior to waxing, exfoliate the skin using a mild skin scrub or exfoliating gloves. Apply moisturiser and allow the skin to rest.
- If you are afraid of pain during waxing, you might take a painkiller an hour before you begin. Or you can apply a numbing cream on your bikini line 5 minutes prior to waxing.
- Make sure you are undisturbed when you wax. You might use your restroom or bedroom for waxing. Lay a towel or sheet on the floor (if you prefer to sit) and place the mirror such that your bikini line is clearly visible in it.
- Remove the cold wax strip from the box and rub it between the palms of your hands to loosen the wax a little. Now remove the outer plastic casing and apply the strip on the bikini line. You may cut the strip into smaller pieces, if required.
- Rub the strip firmly into place, then pull it off against the direction of hair growth. Do not go over the same patch of skin again and again – if some hair is left behind, you can use a trimmer or tweezers on it.
- Inspect the area to check if all the hair in the bikini line is removed. Do not use the cold wax strip on the inner genital areas or anus – they are not designed for Brazilian waxes.
- Use the cleansing wipes provided with the box to remove any excess wax stuck to the skin. Rinse the skin with cool water and do not wear tight clothing for at least 24 hours after waxing.
That’s how simple it is to wax at home. Just be sure to get a box of cold wax strips from leading brands, and preferably one that is made for your skin type.