The opening up of the world economy and the way e-commerce has boomed in the country, the shopping habits of people has drastically changed. Gone are the days when people would buy only from a brick and mortar store. Now, people prefer shopping online in the comfort of their couch. A lot of sellers and retailers have taken cue from this changing trend and have either taken an omni channel approach or are only selling the merchandize online. From buying a pen to a pendant, everything is now happening online.
Initially, there was a lot of taboo around people buying jewellery online but that has really changed in the last few years with a lot of trusted sellers selling jewellery through their website. We, however understand that this can still be a little tricky for some people and so have listed down five tips that you can follow to find the right heart pendant on an online store for your wife for your next anniversary.
- Select the preferred Carat Weight – one of the starting and most important things to do while buying a diamond pendant is to determine the carat weight you want the diamond to be. It completely depends on you whether you want to buy to buy a 1 carat or 2 carat or 3 carat diamond. What should be kept in mind through this is that with the increase in the carat weight, the price of the diamond will also increase. The carat weight in turn also helps to determine how large the diamond looks ultimately. When you are buying it online, always be mindful of the size as you do not physically have it in front of you to compare.
- Select the Cut Quality – cut quality is also a very essential step in the process of choosing the correct pendant as it has a direct impact on the beauty of the final product. This is also the most difficult part because the cut grades are not always standardized across all sellers; however, the excellent and ideal cuts are always the ones that are highly recommended in the market.
- Determine the Colour Grade Change – the aim is to always buy a diamond that is white since it symbolizes something of a higher quality. Different shapes tend to reflect colour at different strengths and so you must be careful. The final appearance in regards to colour and the price will depend on the shape that you have selected. There are some diamonds that are available in yellow colour that are usually of a lower quality.
- Select Clarity Grade – the clarity of the chosen diamond is another important criterion in the selection process. Clarity grade determines how blemish free and clean your diamond is. The better the clarity, the higher will be the price.
- Cross Check the Certificate – most important thing while buying diamond online is to only buy a diamond that has been approved by an authorized body. The seller must provide a certificate stating the same to prove authenticity of the selected diamond.
These are some of the very basic tips that will help you choose the loveliest pendant made of diamond while shopping online. However, these are not the only one you should be keeping in mind. Know your budget beforehand and do proper research about the website that you are going to buy it from. Once you have your research in place, then take your time and make the right decision since there is a lot of investment that goes into buying a diamond necklace.